Band Members' Individual Blog Pages and other great links:

Sunday, April 3, 2011

News from the front....The flu is never CONVENIENT.... nevertheless...

At least it waited until after the recording session. *whew*
Seriously, I am wondering if there will be anything left of me once I get done coughing, or if I will simply become like an old t-shirt, turned inside out, laying in a sad little heap on the floor.
LOL

But seriously...
The recording session for "Pursuit*" went phenomenally smooth. I do believe Steve Avedis ("Uncle Steve") has really developed an intuitive 'feel' for this band. He has an uncanny ability to zero in on exactly where we are headed with a song, and bring it to life. And he comes up with the coolest suggestions - many times, it's like he's reading our minds.
ooOOoo...
It's like magic.
*Pursuit is an epic tale of a pirate ship from hell - of course! Is there any other kind?
The song has become everything I had envisioned when the initial strains of music first came to me - illuminated by Scotte's incredibly vivid, picturesque lyrics, and brought to life by JJ's inimitable voice.


The party at JJ's sister's house (HOUSE? More like a hotel/ranch/private resort!!!) was a blast, and the people were great.
We need to play more places that have a rope swing.
:)

In other news, I have gone 'back to school' and joined an online art academy, where I am honing my knowledge and skills, ready to elevate my artwork to a new level. It's very exciting.
You can follow that on my art blog by clicking HERE, or go to:
http://mikeyzart.blogspot.com/
But be sure to come back here when you're done!

Cheers-
Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment