Band Members' Individual Blog Pages and other great links:

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mad Farmer on the Loose!

That's what one of our homemade garden signs says, anyway.

It's gardening season again. I always look forward to nurturing my tomato seedlings and cleaning the yard from a long winter of neglect. Every spring I get a great burst of energy for my outside projects. It usually lasts until the end of June after which I like to kick back and reap the bounty of my labors picking only an occasional weed.

So this last month has been a whirlwind of cleaning out plant beds, rototilling, hauling manure and starting my early seedlings. All that good stuff intertwined with the drudgery of rearranging junk piles, battling the never-clean garage and organizing the biggest poop-party of the year.

The manual labor and working the dirt have a literal grounding effect that tend to keep one down to earth. I really enjoy that aspect. Of course I also really enjoy my fresh peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, radish, squash, cucumbers and many herbs. The time investment my garden is so worth it to me.

Speaking of seedlings...

Seeds of song grow at unpredictable rates. On some magical moments, a song may go from germination to full bloom in a single day. Other ideas spend eons locked in a hibernation state waiting for the right conditions in which to emerge.

Here's hoping that this summer brings a bountiful harvest of vegetables and songs!

And would somebody please catch that mad farmer. I have some weeds for him to pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment